29 November 2008

Where We Live Now

Cumberland Gap, TN…it’s hard to describe the area. It is rural Appalachia at it's finest...small, but not too small. The mountains are beautiful, the people are pleasant, but there ain’t too much to do. With that said, I feel blessed to have been given the time to get to know my Nana and learn more about my roots. I’ll post some pictures of the town.


This is a picture taken out of our kitchen window


This is me, Hydia and Linda in front of the Cumberland Gap Post Office.
At one point in time this was Hunley’s Diner which was ran by my Nana and Papaw


This is the overlook at Clinch Mountain


This is one of the barns at school. It’s pretty awesome to be standing on the 2nd floor balcony at school taking a break and seeing the beautiful surroundings….cows and all.


This is my school…Lincoln Memorial Univeristy – DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine (LMU-DCOM)


This is the Kitts Cemetery in Grainger County. It is one of my family’s cemeteries. I'm not related to everyone buried here, but quite a few (20+) are my ancestors. The tools in the picture have been at the cemetery since my father was a young boy.


Peter Hunley is my….I think…Great, Great Grandfather

I’m a direct descendant of Willis Akin also, I need to check with my dad to remember how

No comments: