28 November 2008

Where to start?

I'm not sure if you all know this about me or not, but I hate to write. So be patient with my grammar, spelling, and general flow of words. My initial instict with this blog is to catch people up with us, but we've been in Cumberland Gap for 16 months now and that adds up to a whole lot of catching up. I'll do my best.


SCHOOL
I will be finished with my pre-clinical sciences in May of 2009. It's been a crazy road up to this point. The pace is unbelievable. The saying I've heard over and over is "Medical school is like drinking water from a firehose". That about sums it up. There have only been a few concepts that have stumped me, it's just a matter of the volume of material you're expected to absorb in a very short amount of time.

I start rotations on 29 June 2009. I have picked Cleveland, TN as my core site, but we will find out on 12 December if we've be given our pick or assigned another core site. Amber has been great about this whole process, she is so laid back and open for adventure. I, on the other hand, get a bit uptight when I think about the fact that I have no idea where I will be living in 6 months.

Other than actually making it through, the two things I am most proud of thus far are the student organization I founded and being named male student of the year for our first year. The student organization is called the Health Equity Club. I'll put a link to our website.
http://www.lmunet.edu/dcom/hec/index.htm



Me & Jessica (female student of the year)

Amber's schooling is going great. She constantly amazes me with what she can accomplish. She has made the Dean's list every semester. This while taking a full load of course work, working two jobs, and putting up with me and our menagerie. I'll wait and let her catch you up on the specifics of her experiences thus far, I just wanted to tell you what she wouldn't and how proud I am of her accomplishments.

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

Thanks for including me in your update blog! I found tears of joy forming in my eyes as I read how well you all were doing. We are well and looking forward to Kim's visit Dec 14-Jan 1. Shannon arrives Dec 18 and stays til the first. Hannah is happy on Black Bear Ranch in way northern California--a commune is the best description. Much love, Marilyn